Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Christian Blog-sphere Challenge

I am going to try to keep this post up for a little while before I do another post. Wish me luck on that as I tend to post about three times a day.

I Peter 3:8-9
"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."

I never post something here unless God has shown me some truth in it. And tonight he showed me some truth.

We were like little islands that came together to create the blog-sphere. We all have different convictions and God has revealed different Truths to each of us. We are here to share those and hopefully help expand the church's vision of God.

But in this blog-sphere, we also have non-Christians watching how we are behaving. They are using our posts to form opinions on Him whom we represent. So be careful.

I have a challenge! Keep away from opening up cans of worms on purpose that would cause division in the body of Christ. I believe that like Paul, we should teach Christ and Christ crucified. I think that is our standard and that is what we, as Christians, should focus on. Let's put down the torches and pitchforks and show the world a unified love in Christ alone. We are people and we will have different opinions on music, dress, personalities, Bible translations, preferences on pastors, etc. But if someone is promoting Christ, let's leave them alone. I have seen so many blogs where people try to stir up dissention by coming down on other Christians. The second part of this challenge is to refrain from joining the fray when something pushes your buttons. Return insult and evil with blessing! Spread the word of the challenge.

Let them know we are Christians by our love.

9 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Amber Lynn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Amber Lynn said...

I deleted my own comment! Ha!

I must open the comments by saying that I had to repent of not walking in humility where other Christian's beliefs were concerned. I need to also show respect and be focused on the love of Christ.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Professor Steve said...

Amber,

Good points that I also will try to keep in mind on my postings. Also, thanks for the kind comments over at my place!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Catez said...

Good post Amber. Yes, Humility is important and I must admit I don't always respond quite how I would like to. But yes, I think if the core belief in Jesus death and resurrection is held to, and we uphold the bible, then we should be commending each other and encouraging each other. I've had some people praying for me this week which has helped me to endure some things. God bless you. It is good to speak up for what it is right. I appreciate your post.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Joe Florida said...

I agree. We should see Christ and him only. If someone is preaching salvation through Christ, who am I to point out where they might be wrong in some rather unimportant point.

The temptation is hard to resist though.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Saija said...

that is a good thought ...
and WOW, do you ever have a roladex of blogs!!!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger JayG said...

Good word, Amber. I linked to your post at my blog so the Challenge will make the rounds.

John G

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger John Gillmartin said...

Amber -

Thanks for dropping by The SHEEP'S CRIB and leaving your fingerprint ... good post here and heartfelt too!

I'd ask you to keep in mind Paul's words in 1 Cor. 11:19, "For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you." Good things often spring from the bad water once the Holy Spirit has dropped the right leaves in the water.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, open more can's a worms. Conversations are what attract people to the gospel on the Internet which is exactly what they do not get inside chruches--freedom to discuss ideas even if they are not popular or deemed by others to be dangerous.

Engaging in this conversation where ever it leads rather than avoiding it is how one is spiritually formed and renewed or even "born again".

http://www.e-church.com/resources.asp

We Know More than our Pastors whitepaper on spiritual blogging might be worth reading...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home