Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Encouraging Words

There are a lot of blogs out there. There are many blogs belonging to Christians dedicated to discussing topics of Christian interest. The quality blogs really point me back to focusing on Christ, to spurring me on towards good deeds in God, to help me to consider my relationship and life with Christ and how I can do better. Steel sharpens steel and there is some steel out there.

There is intrinsic motivation and external motivation. I am very intrinsically motivated to living a life devoted to God, but sometimes I can be blind to myself. (Anyone else ever feel that way?) Sometimes I need encouragement. Sometimes I need something to set my thinking in a different way. I am often times blind to my issues until someone starts to talk about theirs.

How many people need encouragement in their Christian walk to be able to utter one more prayer or to have a flicker of hope in the darkest place? I hope this blog can be used to inspire and encourage people. Christ is the answer. He has always been the solution. Meditate on Him. Problems change day by day and moment by moment. It is a fleeting, hurried life that focuses on what is wrong. It is a solid, hope filled life that focuses on Christ.

If you find yourself flustered, unable to cope, running in circles- just take yourself into a room and be silent before God. Wait upon the Lord. Call upon his name and be saved. Get a fresh perspective. Perseverance in this life is a building block to do great things and to reward you when you are face to face with your personal savior. When you get to look Jesus in his eyes and embrace his hands, these moments of hardship when you still stood for him will be a source of glory for Him.

2 Thessalonians 1:10- 12- on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you. With this in mind we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

What greater gift can you give to Jesus than your thoughts and life? I believe it is easier to die for Christ than to live for him often times. Remember that this life is not forever. Eternity with your Savior is. There is purpose in every moment of our lives. It is our choice to make it glorifying to Christ.

And what a beautiful thing it is that by grace I serve him to begin with. The things I do are not added unto me, they are added unto Him. They are his glory. I am not filling myself, I am building his kingdom. It gives me such sweet pleasure to be his creation and his tool to use in this world as he sees fit. Being surrendered to him is a sweet satisfying and fulfilling experience. It is not void of my personality and character, it is an extension of it.

3 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mind if I put your link up on my site? I keep visiting your blog--seems silly not to put up your link!? *grin*
Great post, btw.
Molly

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Of course you can link. I am very flattered. Thanks!!!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger JayG said...

Living for Christ means dying to self. That's hard. It's good to have brothers and sisters who encourage us in the struggle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home