Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Don't Let the Grass Grow Under Your Feet

"Satan's angel did his best to get me down. What he in fact did was push me to my knees." 2 Corinthians 12:8 Message


Is that my response when I begin to feel overwhelemed? When life is pushing so hard I feel like I am going to snap in the face of it all. I feel sometimes that the life of a devoted Christian is kinda like rolling a huge stone wheel up a gently sloping hill. If I break then the wheel rolls back down to the bottom of the hill. And I have come so far. I make an effort, I double down, buck up and keep going. Sure, sometimes I have to rest with my back to the wheel to keep it in place so I can get up and move it more.

When I get down, do I get down on my knees in prayer? Do I take a position of humility before the Lord? Do I allow him to be my strength when I no longer have the ability to walk or even look up? And in my weakness, his strength pushes me further and takes me farther than I could have ever dreamed I would go. He fulfills me.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

I needed this one today. Thanks Amber!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home