Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Confession Time

Okay...FINE! It's confession time. I have a bit of jealousy where this sisterhood of moms is concerned. God has placed a whole different perogative in my life and being a mom doesn't hold a whole lot of appeal for me. But I admire these strong women I have been reading about. Wow! I am happy for their happiness but doubt mine would be achieved the same way. God set my beat to a different drum. I never really wanted to get married, but the perfect man for me came along and who am I to say no??? Hopefully the perfect child will happen the same way and I will love that person without the premeditation of longing.

So props, a shout out, congrats, kudos (or whatever) to all the moms out there working hard and having the hardest job to do. And to my best friend Beth, mom of three young boys all under 3 years old, you are an amazing woman!!! Love ya lots.

P.S. And mostly a round of applause to my very own mom (yes, even I have one) for being a patient, godly, kind woman and a good role model.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber,
It's nice to "meet" you (via your comments on my blog). Wanna exchange links?
http://threepennies.blogdrive.com/
Just let me know! :o)

And, on your confession (heehee), let me just share that I was the world's worst mother... before I became a mother, that is. *grin* Didn't have any, didn't really want any, blah blah blah...

It wasn't until my first child was born that a maternal spark rose up inside me, and it was a while after (and much struggling, on my part) when God was able to blow it into a bigger flame.

Warm Regards,
Molly

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Violet N. said...

Amber, I love your honesty!

I don't think my feelings as I contemplated motherhood were a lot different from yours. (As the oldest of nine siblings, I knew how chaotic life with a lot of kids around could be!). However, when I got pregnant, something changed in my psyche as well as my body. I was amazed at the strength of my mothering instincts. I'd say, enjoy each stage of your life and live it fully. If God has children in your future, He'll give you all you need - which is a lot. Because once you become a parent, there's no resigning or going AWOL, at least not without a lot of guilt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home