Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Monday, September 05, 2005

I've Been Thinking....

I suppose if I updated this blog more regularly, I might have a more regular readership. :)

I digress because that isn't even close to the point of this blog. I am not here to write to or about others. I am here to write about what God is doing in my life and the truths He reveals as my relationship with Him grows.

Lately I find it hard to get all the excitement and promises across to the new teens that are just starting to gain understanding about Christ. I have so much that I want to show them because it is all exciting and all important. They need to know what power they have to fight temptation, rebellion and the devil. They need to know the exciting plans God has laid out for them. They need their vision to be expanded beyond what they see as a dead end life.

I am starting to see cracks of light radiating through some of the dark shells they live under. I see them struggling to grasp a God that loves them more than their abusive parents and friends love them. I want so badly for them to get what is happening! They are a chosen generation. It is for this time that they were born. There is no reason to be meek, shy, embarassed or to do things half tilt. It is time to be bold, be strong, be courageous, be ready to stare the giants in the face and take them on. (I think I am going to talk about dealing with giants in the land next.)

It is time that I being to really teach out of the outpouring of my Spirit and not what my head tells me they need to hear. The way the Spirit works is so amazing. I know without seeing a teen that they need prayer, they need help. I know when they are drowing in their own sin and need a lifeline thrown to them. I am a prayer warrior (although a very small one) and I don't have to read or hear a prayer request to know that one exists.

Anyway- if you are reading this and are a believer- pray for the teens in Cottonwood, Arizona. This town is drug infested (meth). Teen pregnancies and drop out rates are very high. Twelve year old girls and boys are heavy into homosexuality. I choose not to turn my back and ignore it or keep travelling until I find a cleaner town. I stay here, I see the hurting faces, the dying souls and I hurt. I want to see success. I want to see God break through and change this town through his instruments- his church and his vessels.

Some great worship music I just found: http://www.planetshakersusa.com/

There are MP3s you can listen to there.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Wow! Just what I need, vases. Where have you been all my life? Now I am going to have to add that authentication step to my comments and create a bigger hassle for my occasional real reader. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home