Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Monday, May 16, 2005

We Are Like Helium Balloons Which Can Never Pop

"Jesus' blood never fails me."

Simple songs from a song chorus, but powerful words.

Faith can grown and expand until the day you die. You can know God more fully and intimately tomorrow than you do today. Each year should have a marked difference in your experience with God.

And my faith is filling up like a helium balloon right now. I am starting to understand, however slightly, that this new power at work in me is God. God manifested. Which leads me to the understanding that when I am truly immersed in the mindset of Christ, when I am at that place where for a moment or for an hour (or however long) I am completely filled and taken over by God and my flesh is truly silent for a while that I have the power of God at work in me.

I can be the finger of God in people's lives. My prayers carry weight. Miracles truly can happen. Walls can come down. People can be set free from the oppression that has haunted them for a life time because Jesus' blood never fails us.

I believe in miracles for my extended family who are in the grip of darkness and evil and so tightly wound up that there seems no hope. But I know Jesus' blood never fails and light can pierce that darkness simply because my prayers put the power of God to work in that person' s life.

In youth group on Saturday, there was such an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Freedom was the reigning cry. On the hill at Calvary, the blood set us free. It healed us. It makes us whole and holy and sets a path of peace and wholeness for us. Freedom is found in Christ. We are completely, wholly and abundantly free from anything that would come against us to destroy us because we have the blood of Christ which is power to overcome anything.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

I'm excited for you! THere is nothing better then having God move you in big ways! And nothing more exciting then realizing that it's him that's moving you. You're able to fully appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home