Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

New Day

The sun has finally come out. The rain started in Mid-October. The dreariness set in. We were hit on all sides, financially, physically, spiritually and emotionally. We saw teens robbed, violated, beat up, kicked, and hurt. We felt despair. We felt sadness. We felt hopelessness at times.

But even thrown about by the waves, I clung with every last shred of strength to the rock called Jesus. I held on for dear life when the turmoil set out to destroy me. I stubbornly clung to the Word. I fervently stayed in prayer, even without speaking just knowing that was what was needed. The waters rose and flooded the area. Some were washed away, carried by the waves. I can still see them. I pray God will lift them back and bring them to us.

The sun is out. The Son is among us. New life is beginning around me, my allergies tell me so. Financially I have been restored. Emotionally I feel brand new. Physically I am strong. I am ready.

And I continue to pray. And I continue to seek God in his Word. Some are already slowly coming back. I continue to pray for those I lost in the storm. I love them. I hurt for them. I cry for them. I still despair over them.

And yet it is a new season. It is time for new growth. The ground has been watered. The area is fertile. The Son is out among us. The vibrant colors are starting to peek. There is already a lushness in the valley, a carpet of new life has been born. The miracle of new life is about to begin.

4 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Ryon said...

Did you write that? That was so beautiful. It truly made me feel His love. Thank you.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Amber Lynn said...

I really did. Thanks!!!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger JayG said...

Beautiful imagery to express your heart.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Ryon said...

You are welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home