Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Monday, March 14, 2005

If Jesus Didn’t Come..

..I would rather have never been born. I would rather not have breath because I would never have life.

If Jesus didn’t come and I still was born, I would rather be a vessel of shame and ugliness just to display all the more clearly the absence of holiness. I would rather point to his glory in my lack than to try to be good without a Savior.

Without Jesus I am nothing but chaff. I am nothing worth noting. The worth I have comes from the worth he has given me. I am his creation, his servant, his daughter, his friend. He is my King, my Savior, my Creator, my Groom.

If he would not have come, there would be no holiness. I would rather be a vessel of shame to point to the lack. I would rather have never been born.

But he came. He came and gave himself totally and completely without a thought of himself. And in love, he gave what I could never earn, what I could never achieve, what I could never work towards.

And I want to turn around and give myself totally and completely without a thought of myself in love to Jesus.

He is the author of my life. He wrote my life. He edits and deletes the parts I messed up. He is the perfector of my faith. He makes me complete. He fills in the story with wholeness and vibrancy. He is the main character, the author. Not me. I point back to the Author in everything I do. My lack only displays his holiness that much more. My talents and beauty are credited to his glory and his worth.

He is worth so much to me that if he didn’t come, I would rather not even be.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger daisymarie said...

mmmmmmmmmm, I like that. He's the editor of my messes. I like the thought (and I hadn't put it into this context before) that He is the perfector of my faith. He takes my imperfect offerings and perfects them! Awesome!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Ryon said...

That was really good. I don't mean to be a critic, but I thought you were supposed to capitilize the pronouns when they refer to God/Jesus. I could be wrong though.

Great stuff, regardless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home