Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Between Me & God

I am joyful. I do not have to move! The church we were considering did not offer the job to my husband and me. We were at the place where we saw how the church needed us so badly that we told God we would go to do his work if they asked. They did not.

And it boiled down to the lack of full-time ministry experience for my husband. Our vision was what they thought they needed and every other piece fit perfectly except our experience. And the pastor said, “I can really tell you truly have a heart for God and that would be the one thing that might be able to help you overcome your lack of experience.”

You mean that following God, the creator, with his infinite wisdom he bestows upon any who ask, might help the lack of experience? Paul wrote that he counted all the experience, education and man-approval as rubbish because of Jesus. He preached Jesus and Jesus crucified, not his standing or credentials or education.

I might sound like I am mad at the church. I am anything but mad at that church. In fact, this is the one area I was so concerned about. There is such a difference in the way I view God’s power and ability and the way they fundamentally view God’s power and capabilities. Even in this area where all things matched up for the ministry they are lacking in the church, there wasn’t enough faith in God that if this was the man He sent that He would take care of the lack of experience.

My faith is large. If it wasn’t, I would not have considered the move to begin with. There was too much lacking. However, where I saw need I knew God would fill it if this was indeed His purpose.

Apparently it wasn’t, and I am so joyful. I feel a great kindness has been done to me by my Father.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Weets said...

I've often wondered how the apostles' experiences and education would have stacked up against seminary and bible college training :)

May the Lord salve your wounds and may He credit your willingness as righteousness. Wait until He does make His move--watch out!

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is luke...that is cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home