Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Coming Together

I woke up after having a dream about people coming to my house to talk to my husband and I about the ministry job. I wasn't ready. I was in my PJs and there were stacks of stuff scattered all over the table. The rest of the house was clean.

So I am up at 5 am today. I walk over to my computer to turn it on and check on all you fine people and there is a sticky note on top of my computer-"Amber- I Cor 4:1-5 I love you! -J"

Don't imagine us leaders to be something we aren't. We are servants of Christ, not his masters. We are guides into God's most sublime secrets, not security guards posted to protect them. The requirements for a good guide are reliability and accurate knowledge. It matters very little to me what you think of me, even less where I rank in popular opinion. I don't even rank myself. Comparisons in these matters are pointless. I'm not aware of anything that would disqualify me from being a good guide for you, but that doesn't mean much. The Master makes that judgment. So don't get ahead of the Master and jump to conclusions with your judgments before all the evidence is in. When he comes, he will bring out in the open and place in evidence all kinds of things we never even dreamed of- inner motives and purposes and prayers. Only then will any one of us get to hear the "Well done!" of God.

What that says to me is that first of all, I need not worry about my status among people as a leader. (Sorry, everyone.) Secondly, it tells me that I need to continue to focus on God as my measuring stick because in the end, I'm accountable to him.

Thank you, J. I love you, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home