Are You Desperate to See?

Jesus didn't die so we could have a religion.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Now

This morning in my devotion time, I read that God is in this moment. We shouldn't be waiting for a huge revelation in the future. We shouldn't camp out waiting for a revelation of God. He is revealed now.

And it helped me because I am at a place of limbo in my life right now. I see the writing on the wall, but I am still waiting. I need to move in God whole-heartedly right now with what I have right now.

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger daisymarie said...

In the last few years I have been working dilligently on this issue. At first I thought it was just a therapy issue: learning to be present. Then I began to see that it's a very spiritual issue. Jesus was pretty clear. He taught his disciples to pray for their daily bread. He admonished them not to worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have enough worries--focus on today.

I'm still learning how to do this. Somedays I even get it close to right!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Philip asked Jesus to reveal the Father- looking towards the future or something he didn't think was there yet.

But God gives us what we need to be able to see clearly now. He gives us the tools we need to get done what he wants us to get done today. He gives us as much of himself as we need. It is all there. We just have to "walk" in that and not wait for just another day or the next mountaintop moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home